New members, whether dancers or musicians, are always welcome to join us. Our practice season runs from September until the end of April, and we meet at the Wesley Rooms in Parliament Street (GL5 1QH) on Thursday nights from 7.45 to 9.45. Click here for directions. Occasionally (see below) we have other nights and other venues, rare but worth checking the list before you set off…
No experience is necessary. All you need is a sense of rhythm, a good sense of humour, and a willingness to make a total idiot of yourself (and to play a musical instrument if you want to join the musos!).
There is no charge for an initial taster session. Just turn up. And if you enjoy it and want to come back for more (and let’s face it, who wouldn’t), we will ask the princely sum of £2 per practice session thereafter. Oh yes, and we always head off to a pub for post-practice refreshment. If you want to find out more, just contact us.
The Syxers are a very friendly bunch, and are very supportive of each other. We get to go to some weird and wonderful places, ranging from dancing for Druids at Stonehenge to entertaining at a show-biz birthday party. While we take our dancing seriously, we also believe in the importance of fun and laughter. We have on occasion been described as hard-core party animals. Is that true? Well, there’s only one way to find out….
…come and join us!
This year’s practice programme Winter 2018:
- Tuesday 2nd October – Methodist Hall, Parliament St, 7.45-9.45
- Thursday 11th October – British School (Open House, behind Star Anise) 7.40pm-9.40pm
- Thursday 18th October – Methodist Hall, 7.45-9.45
- Thursday 25th October – British School 7.40-9.40
- Thursday 1st November – Methodist Hall – 7.45-9.45
- Thursday 8th November – Methodist Hall – 7.45-9.45
- Thursday 15th November -Methodist Hall – 7.45-9.45
- Tuesday 20th November – Methodist Hall – 7.45-9.45
- Thursday 29th November – Methodist Hall – 7.45-9.45
- Thursday 6th December – Methodist Hall – 7.45-9.45
- Tuesday 11th December – Methodist Hall – 7.45-9.45